Greenwich House Music School is committed to fostering an inclusive environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status in its admission of students to educational programs, participation in student activities, or consideration of prospective employees.
- Annual non-refundable registration fee: $30 per individual, $35 per family.
- Registration fee and tuition must be paid in advance.
- Tuition will be prorated for the remainder of the term if students register after the first week.
- Finance charges are applied to late payments.
- GHMS accepts cash, Visa, MC, AMEX, and Discover.
- There is no refund of tuition for student absence.
- If a teacher is absent, a make-up lesson will be arranged, or a substitute teacher will be arranged, either in person or online.
- If a student withdraws before the end of the fourth week of the current term, he/she will be charged for the lessons taken, plus two additional lessons.
- No refund will be made after the fourth week.
- GHMS reserves the right to discontinue any student who falls behind in his/her payments has three unexcused absences for the term or is constantly tardy.
- Any student who shows a lack of interest behaves in a rude or abusive fashion or does not make average progress may be discontinued.
Practice Room Rentals
GHMS’s 14 practice rooms are available for hourly use.
Rental fee: $15 per hour.
Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Minimum room rental: one hour.
Practice rooms are not available for use on:
Weekdays from 2 – 6 p.m. (peak private lesson hours) and are closed one and half hours before any scheduled events.
On Saturdays after 5 p.m.
GHMS may close due to snow or other weather-related issues. Day of, the GHMS Facebook is the best source of information on whether we are closed or not: www.facebook.com/greenwichhousemusicschool
Greenwich House Music School grants scholarships on the basis of both need and merit. Students are eligible for scholarships after having studied at GHMS for one full year. To apply for the scholarship for the 2023-2024 school year, download the application and apply by the deadline of July 21, 2023. You must complete the entire application, including the supporting materials by the deadline to be considered.
Applications for the 2023-24 school year are now closed. You may apply for the 2024-25 school year during Summer 2024
The German Diez Piano Scholarship, in honor of the former Piano Chair, is a special fund for promising piano students. For over half a century German-made music an integral part of life in the Village and at the School. This scholarship carries on German’s legacy of insight, dedication, and passion for music and the close-knit Greenwich House music community.
Sam Reiner Cello Scholarship
Sam Reiner served on the Cello faculty at GHMS for 59 years until he retired at the age of 97. Mr. Reiner’s legacy lives on through the Sam Reiner Scholarship Fund. The Scholarship is awarded to students who show talent and dedication.
In memory of former staff member and music lover, Lois Blitzer Bernstein, the Lois Blitzer Bernstein Scholarship was established in 2018 to benefit talented but financially stretched music students between the ages of 8 and 18. The scholarships are granted based on need and merit.
Greenwich House Music School also offers a General Scholarship available to students in all instruments and at all skill levels.
To make a contribution to a scholarship fund, choose the intended fund in the designation drop-down menu here.